For more than 60 years, Maderera Donestevez has been the leading distributor for lumber, plywood and building materials in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
With one million square feet and multiple locations island-wide, our headquarters and main facilities are located at Carolina, Puerto Rico.
For six decades, we have established a solid reputation for our high-quality products, excellent customer service, inventory availability, as well as our next-day delivery service.
- Maderera Donestevez is a family-owned corporation, founded in 1961. It currently has over 120 employees.
- Maderera Donestevez is the largest building materials, lumber and plywood distributor in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, offering the largest product variety under one roof.
- Our strategy is to provide excellent customer service, at the competitive prices with short lead times.
- Currently, Maderera Donestevez distributes throughout Puerto Rico and all the Caribbean islands.
- In 2021, we are commemorating our 60th Anniversary.
This year our company celebrates its 60th anniversary in Puerto Rico. For us this is a great achievement that has been possible thanks to the titanic effort of our employees and management team who have given their maximum effort in both good times and challenging times.
In 1961, my father and I founded a small lumberyard in Carolina. Throughout the years we have grown steadily and have become the largest lumber and building materials distributor in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
Presently we have more than 120 employees, four locations throughout Puerto Rico, five treating plants, one lumber drying kiln, over 25 million feet of lumber and plywood, and one million square feet of offices and warehouses—large enough to face any supply shortage or natural disaster. When Hurricanes Irma and Maria hit Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Islands, we had enough inventory to supply the construction industry and our wholesale customers for months.
From our beginnings, honesty and respect for our employees and customers has been important to us. With these values, we have gained their support and loyalty throughout the years. After all, they are the backbone of our business. Our commercial goal has always been to offer our clients the best possible service and quality in our products. This is one of the reasons why we are the best in Puerto Rico.
Today, I look towards the future with optimism, with the assurance that all the progress we have obtained in the past sixty years will continue steadily through the same paths of perseverance, honesty and dynamism that have always characterized us.
Juan Donestevez, Sr.
Co-Founder, 2nd Generation